Gateway to Start Point…
Welcome to beautiful Start Point, on the most southerly tip of Devon and overlooking the busiest shipping lanes in the world.
If you’re looking for an afternoon stroll, a walk along the South West Coast Path or something in between – you’ve come to the right place. The heritage, wildlife, geology and scenery are perfect for both locals and holidaymakers to explore.
- Walk to the lighthouse and enjoy a guided tour
- Explore the rugged coastline by walking the South West Coast Path towards Beesands and Torcross or East Prawle and Salcombe
- Spot marine wildlife such as seals and dolphins
- Spy on sea birds, migrants, birds of prey
- Chill out with a picnic watching the ships go by
- Photograph, paint or draw this spectacular coastline
- Walk to beautiful Mattiscombe Beach with your dog
- Stay in a lighthouse cottage
However you spend your time at Start Point, you will find all the information you need on this website to plan your trip and lots more beside.